CODE OF ETHICS
- To perform high quality repair service at a fair and just price.
- To have a sense of personal obligation to each customer.
- To recommend the services, repairs and maintenance to the car owners that are necessary to maintain the vehicle in safe working order.
- To use only products which are safe and provide service that equals or exceeds that recommended by the vehicle's manufacturer.
- To service and repair the vehicles in a timely manner and to keep the customer informed of any and all changes including completion times.
- To give the best customer service possible and, in the case of any disputes, to provide a prompt and amicable resolution.
- To ensure that my entire staff conducts themselves in a professional manner and in keeping with the high standards of the automotive industry.
- To notify the customer if appointments or completion promises cannot be kept.
Today I dropped in to see if they could pull a bearing off of my RV started motor that operates my RV hydraulic jacks. I had just purchased a new motor and needed help. I was at this repair shop for a total of 20 minutes, and they were able to successfully remove the bearing from the shaft, and I was on my way. And all they asked for was a $5 or $10 tip to the young mechanic who did the job! I would return to this shop in a heartbeat. Great and nice folks.